Welcome to Oceanside CA homes for sale & lifestyle! The coastal city of Oceanside is San Diego County’s third-largest city, encompassing around 42.2 square miles. Located just south of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, together with Carlsbad and Vista, forms the tri-city area. Oceanside residents enjoy near perfect weather with a semi-arid climate, allowing for a variety of year-round outdoor recreational activities. Most of the city’s annual rainfall happens between November and March. Oceanside has a lot to offer including great shopping, unique dining experiences, fantastic beaches, art and culture, family-friendly events, live music venues, surfing, biking, hiking, walking tours, and more – the list just goes on and on!
The historic Oceanside Pier is ground zero for most beach activities in Oceanside and the heart of the community. Originally built in 1888, the pier has been rebuilt 6 times and extends about a quarter of a mile into the water. At the entrance of the pier is the Junior Seau Oceanside Pier Amphitheatre, which hosts a variety of musical and cultural performances. Or you can take a stroll out on the pier and watch the surfers catch a wave or the fishermen catch a fish or head on over to Ruby’s, a ’50s-style diner, located at the end. The main street along the shore is called “The Strand.” Oceanside City Beach, situated on The Strand, is the most popular stretch of beach. It’s where the Boardwalk and the pier meet, providing ample opportunities for people-watching and enjoying the SoCal beach scene. Read more about Oceanside CA Homes for sale & lifestyle…
Oceanside CA Homes for Sale
Browse through all Oceanside CA Homes for Sale below:
If you would like to set up a private showing or would like more information about any of these Oceanside CA homes for sale, please contact Magnus Realty Group today at (619) 450-8755. We can provide you with additional information about available listings and help you find the ideal home for your lifestyle preferences and needs! The MRG Team brings over 20+ years of combined experience in residential real estate.
More About Oceanside CA Real Estate & lifestyle
A paradise for beach and ocean lovers, Oceanside offers a wide array of water activities including sailing, fishing, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, scuba diving, surfing competitions and more. The city also hosts the World’s Largest Women’s Surf Competition and is home to The California Surf Museum, located in downtown Oceanside. In addition, the city offers numerous biking and walking trails, historical walking tours, soccer competitions, bicycle races and more. Since 2006, Oceanside has hosted the official start of the annual 3000-mile bicycle race, Race Across America as well as host to The Beach Soccer Championships. The PRO side to the event is called The Beach Soccer USA Cup and it is considered the toughest competition of its kind in the USA.
Oceanside also offers triathletes the opportunity to swim in the Oceanside Harbor, where water temperatures are usually in the low to mid 60’s in early spring. The bike course takes cyclists along the coastline to San Clemente, before heading into the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. The run portion takes athletes on a winding journey out to Oceanside’s beachfront path known as “The Strand.” Runners then turn into a residential area before looping back out for a grand finish at the ocean’s edge.
Oceanside CA Real Estate & Housing
The Oceanside CA real estate market offers a variety of residential options from condos, townhomes and single-family homes to luxury estates. Homes in Oceanside are considered to be some of the most affordable beach town real estate in San Diego County. Oceanside dates back to the early 1920’s when the homes were marketed to wealthy Los Angeles businessmen as a nice beach getaway community located halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles.
Magnus Realty Group – Serving La Mesa CA Real Estate Buyers and Sellers – Call Us Today!
Oceanside has several distinct neighborhoods/communities that offer the charm and personality of these older homes, that span over 7 zip codes (92049, 92051, 92052, 92054, 92056, 92057, and 92058), where typically, the more expensive homes can be found closest to the beach. Oceanside CA homes for sale have a median listing price of $534,000, with properties spending an average of 27 days on the market.
Neighborhoods in Oceanside include:
- Seaside: The neighborhood of Seaside is comprised of the downtown area that features many of Oceanside’s jewels. Homes in this area date back to the early 1920’s and feature beautiful Spanish, Tudor, and Bungalow style homes located 9 to 10 blocks from the beach. The Oceanside High School is also within walking distance from most homes in this community.
- Saint Malo: The charming French community of St. Malo is located on the Southern border of Oceanside near the Rancho Buena Vista Lagoon. It is one of the oldest and most distinguished neighborhood as it sits directly on the ocean front. The homes are built in the French Normandy style and located in a secure gated community.
- Jeffries Ranch: Dr. C.W. Jeffries developed the community of Jeffries Ranch, incorporating an equestrian theme with horse trails. Nearly the entire area of east Oceanside near the Guajome Regional Park is now referred to as Jeffries Ranch.
- Plumosa Heights: This was the first restricted subdivision in Oceanside, located just east of Hill Street and north of Oceanside Boulevard overlooking the ocean. The neighborhood is still identifiable today by its cement streets and old-fashioned street lights.
- Loma Alta: The historic neighborhood of Loma Alta includes homes dating back to 1928. This is a great residential community with primarily single story homes and no homeowners association. The community is located just east of the 5 freeway and north of Oceanside Blvd. that leads directly down to the beach.
- Arrowood: The area largely consists of the master-planned Arrowood community, which is home to several smaller developments, such as SeaCountry at Arrowood, Saybrook at Arrowood and Toll Brothers at Arrowood. Much of the community is made up of single-family homes located on the hills surrounding Arrowood Golf Course.
- Historic East Side: The historic East Side neighborhood of Oceanside is a vibrant, diverse, close-knit community where residents value family, cultural traditions and ensuring their neighborhood is a great place to live. Nearly 100 homes in this neighborhood were constructed prior to 1950, and the majority of homes were built between 1970 and 2005.
- Fire Mountain: The eclectic, upscale neighborhood of Fire Mountain offers a mix of higher-end and affordable homes. Many long-time Oceanside residents and newcomers are drawn to this upscale community that balances small-town charm with bigger city convenience.
- Tri-City College neighborhoods: Oceanside’s boundaries encompass a tri-city area that includes Carlsbad and Vista along the Highway 78 corridor. The area is home to Mira Costa College and Tri-City Hospital.refers to South Oceanside, North Carlsbad, and West Vista. Although the Tri-City area contains several residential sections, it is most well known for its commercial district, containing several shopping centers offering a number of national big-box stores.
- Henie Hill: Homes in upscale Henie Hills estates must adhere to minimum standards of square footage and lot size. This makes sure that the large, view lots remain some of the most desirable in Oceanside. The history of Henie Hills dates back to 1939. Olympic skating medalist and movie star Sonja Henie bought 1,600 acres of coastal property for friends, family, and Hollywood stars to escape from the city.
- Rancho Del Oro: The villages of Rancho Del Oro make-up the heart of Oceanside with beautiful new homes, a corporate park as well plans for an impressive community park, El Corazon, that will offer an outdoor amphitheater, bike trails, soccer fields, baseball fields and more. Scenic rolling hills integrate new Oceanside with historic Oceanside including Heritage Park and Mission San Luis Rey.
- South O: An eclectic and peaceful community, South O is located along the coast in southern Oceanside. South O includes popular restaurants such as the Beach Break Café, as well as retail stores including surf shops and antique stores.
Schools & Education
Oceanside residents are served by several school districts/ depending on their address, including Oceanside Unified School District, Vista Unified School District, Bonsall Union School District, Carlsbad Unified School District, Fallbrook Union High School District, and Fallbrook Union Elementary School District.
North County Transit District provides public transportation for Oceanside. The Oceanside Transit Center, a major railway interchange in Oceanside, provides train services on Amtrak, Metrolink, Coaster, and Sprinter. San Diego International Airport is the closest major airport, offering international and domestic flights, located 38 miles from Oceanside in San Diego.
With a rich history, a friendly small town vibe, outstanding coastal views and beaches, and so much more – the city of Oceanside is a remarkable place to live!
The Magnus Realty Group Team
We offer uncompromising standards of integrity, honesty, and service, and will give you the assurance that your home sale or purchase transaction will be completed promptly, professionally and ethically. We invite you to give us a call today and we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!
1081 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 223
San Diego, CA 92108